Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick Lewis
    • Mar 2004

How Do I Do This?

I just bought a Canon ZR70MC miniDV. It comes with a tape drive and an SD card slot. I want to download to my computer, Dell 8300 3ghrz & 1gig RAM, 30-40 minute videos and then burn them onto a DVD using Nero 6.

Can I video onto the mini-tape and then download that onto my hard drive or do I have to use the SD card? It would seem that there are not SD cards large enough to hold a file that large.

I have no idea how to do this.

I need some help. How do I do this?
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Your miniDV also came with an IEEE 1394 firewire cable which you attach to both camera and PC. Any editing software will capture DV-AVI...MS Movie Maker2 probably is already on your box, if you're XP...VirtualDub and the HuffyUV codec are freeware which can be found on this site. If you don't want 12+GB per hour AVI capture files on your machine...ULead's Video Studio7 can capture as an MPEG2. You hook the camera up...start the capture software, and play either the tape, card or mini disc.

Comment

• Rick Lewis
      • Mar 2004

Thank you rsquirell. I have done what you suggested. I have Nero6 and Canon ZoomBrowser capturing software but they will only recognize when I have the camera set on "Card" not on "Tape".

Of course Canon's manual talks only about downloading from the meager 8mb SD card and nothing about from the tape.

Also, strange thing, the camera uses a USB connection, not Firewire!

I will try those two other freeware programs you mentioned. But I am lost

Comment

Working...