• Show
Clear All
  • zinzin
    • Mar 2004

Uninstal codecs?

Hi, I´m a newbee

Ijust been told to uninstall all my codecs and reinstal them
    I don´t know how to uninstall codecs and I don´t know
    wich one to reinstall, and where to find them?

Can someone please help me?
  • Fook Yu
    Shoe-shinner
    • Jan 2004

This is not that easy. I guess you installed a codec pack.....packs???. Well go to add/remove programs it should be removable from their. However it could be that some remain in a folder somewhere. This is not easily to fix. As far as i know codecs have the .ax extension and are registered in your regsvr32. I don't really know if you feel like going to this dept, maybe you shoudn't. What i can advise you, and this is from the numouros threads if read about codec problems only to install what you need. Now this was very hard for me to tell. I know very little about it so what do i need???? You tend to install everything to fix the problem. Well codecs can really mess up your players and cause conflicts resulting in programm crashes. What you need is XVID, DIVX, AC3, MPEG layer2 (frauenhofer). that will play ....i guess..80% of your movies. If you run into a movie that won't play simply look up which codec you need for this particulair movie and install that codec.

Be carefull with the codec packs i got a lot of problems with the nimo and i never...ever. @#$%^#$%^&%$ will install that again but most probably you will find many users saying its the best there is. Most probably they know exactly what to install and i didn't at the time.

By the way i solved the problems i had by reinstalling XP.

ciao.
    -------------------------
    Not active user anymore

Comment

• zinzin
      • Mar 2004

Ok, thanks very much!
      I found the "Nimo" pack and I uninstalled it.
      And I installed the codecs you mentioned and
      now most of my movies works! It´s fantastic.
      thanks again!

zinzin

Comment

Working...