Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subwoofer
    • Mar 2004

Upside down movie, what to do?

I was wondering where to start looking for help on this subject. I have downloaded a movie and when viewed in either Real One player or windows media player, the image is upside down. What do I need to flip the image over? Do I need to put the whole movie into a program like Adobe Premier and do something with it or is there sometype of view setting in the media player program that can accomplish this? Thanks for the help for this newbie!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I believe that BSPlayer provides the option to "flip" your video...

Comment

• subwoofer
      • Mar 2004

Thanks, I will find the bsplayer program and try it out. How do I tell if it is really the movie file which is an .avi that is upside down? Want to be able to record it toa mpg so I can eventually play it on my dvd player with my tv. Thanks

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks, I will find the bsplayer program and try it out."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• subwoofer
          • Mar 2004

Well, the bsplayer and my system didn't work out too well. Something was not insync. I just got a scambled image at the open frame window and I tried to find an option to flip the video but was not able to locate one. Are there any other options that you can think of? Thanks!

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Sasami Player has an option to "flip" the video on the fly.

(If I remember correctly, there is also such a facility in the FFDShow filter)

Comment

• subwoofer
              • Mar 2004

Thank you for suggesting the program. It did work and allow me to view the movie right side up and it did it automatically. The thing is I still want to be able to flip the image and save the file so it can be burned to disk. What program will do this? Thank!

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"Thank you for suggesting the program. It did work and allow me to view the movie right side up and it did it automatically."

As always, my pleasure ;>}

"The thing is I still want to be able to flip the image and save the file so it can be burned to disk. What program will do this?"

VirtualDub...

Comment

• Qyd
                  Digital Video Technician
                  Digital Video Technician
                  • Oct 2002

In VirtualDub
                  after choosing and configuring the compression codec, go to video-filter, add, and choose the rotate or flip verticaly filter.

Comment

Working...