Keeping the DD5.1 to burn back to DVDR??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mandlebrot
    • Feb 2002

Keeping the DD5.1 to burn back to DVDR??

Hi

I've read all the tutorials I can find but can't find the answer to the following ? although I know its possible.

How do I rip a DVD keeping just the movie and DD5.1 soundtrack and then burning it back to DVDR?

I know I can rip it using smartripper and this gives me an *.Mv2 and AC3 with a vob file, I know that I can use a DVD authoring program to burn the Mv2 file but what program can also use the AC3 file? has the Mv2 file has no sound.

I also know I can convert the AC3 file to AVI and mux it back with the Mv2 file to burn but surely that would only give me stereo sound?

Help please!

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

A commercial authoring program, such as DVDWise (or others) has the capability of multiplexing MPEG2 videostreams with .AC3 audiostreams.

You can also accomplish this with the free software TMPGEnc as follows:

File>>MPEGTools>>Multiplex (or "Simple Multpilex")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• mandlebrot
      • Feb 2002

Cheers for prompt reply, I will try to get DVD Wise or if I can't then will try your other suggestion and let you know how I get on.

The only ? I've got re TMPGEnc, is if I use it to Multiplex will the finished MPG still have a DD5.1 soundtrack or will it be downgraded to stereo?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"The only ? I've got re TMPGEnc, is if I use it to Multiplex will the finished MPG still have a DD5.1 soundtrack or will it be downgraded to stereo?"

It's not downgraded - it will retain the same properties as the file you extracted...
        Last edited by setarip; 10 Feb 2002, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...