Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • munimula
    • Apr 2004

Need Software Help!

I recently bought a Dell XPS Computer with a P4 3.0 Ghz cpu, 1 Gb of memory, a DVD +r/+rw & CD combo drive, a Maxtor 120 Gb Serial ATA hard drive partioned with 40 Gb for the operating system and 80 Gb for Video capture and editing. I added an ATI Radeon All in Wonder 9800 Pro video capture card. It works great and the video that I capture from my RCA Direct TV Satellite Receiver looks as good as the original signal. My problem is with the software. The computer came with a lite version of Sonic's MyDVD. In my ignorance, I upgraded to Sonic's MyDVD Studio Deluxe. Even though their advertising claims that my ATI card is supported, it will only capture video -- and not audio. Their customer support department confirms this. I want to use my computer like a VCR and time record (capture) programs, edit them (remove commercials) and burn them to DVD. I would like to be able to get at least 2 hours on each DVD. Is there any software program on the market that will do this reliably -- and doesn;t cost an arm and a leg?
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

For ATI AIW the best software I"ve found to use is ATI's MMC (I use ver. 8.9) or Ulead video studio.

Comment

• munimula
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for your help. I have been capturing with ATI MMC, but unfortunately MMC does not edit or burn. I will research Ulead. I'm just trying not to get taken by another software product that doesn't do what it claims. At about $100 each, that gets expensive very quickly.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Get a 30 day trial of Ulead Video Studio 7....if it doesn't perform don't pay. I think you'll be pleased.

Comment

• munimula
          • Apr 2004

Thank you so much. With two suggestions for Ulead, I will download the trial version and try it out.

Comment

Working...