protected mp3 files conversion (MusicMatch)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxidrom11
    • Mar 2003

protected mp3 files conversion (MusicMatch)

i just signed up for MM. bought a few songs but can't get the files on my mp3 player. get a message that says the file does not have "portability rights." these are wma files. tried to convert them to mp3 files but could not because it is a drm protected file. can anyone tell me if there is a work-around to get these files to my portable device. thanks in advance to all.
    Introduction > Musicmatch
    Full review > Musicmatch Jukebox
    Screen shot > Musicmatch Jukebox Plus
    Specifications > Download Musicmatch Jukebox
    User comments > Musicmatch Download
    MusicmatchInfo > Musicmatch Review
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Asking how to "get around" a licensing restriction is against the rules of these forums...

Comment

• maxidrom11
      • Mar 2003

I ask that for better knowledge purposes!

Comment

• maxidrom11
        • Mar 2003

string out files

how can i sort my files in MusicMatch in the "My Library" so it automaticly throws out duplicates. It is a very long process when there is over 1000 files to go through it one by one.
        Any help?

Comment

• Antoninnio
          Banned
          • May 2006

look here!

Originally Posted by maxidrom11
          i just signed up for MM. bought a few songs but can't get the files on my mp3 player. get a message that says the file does not have "portability rights." these are wma files. tried to convert them to mp3 files but could not because it is a drm protected file. can anyone tell me if there is a work-around to get these files to my portable device. thanks in advance to all.

Guys are discussing an application which helps to convert DRM-media there ) It's called SOUNDTAXI )

Comment

• ed klein
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

Maxidrom11,

Removing duplicates in the musicmatch library. I have an old version of musicmatch plus 8.20.0130 which I have stored approximately 525 songs on.

It has been a while since I deleted songs from the musicmatch library, but if I remember correctly, I deleted the bad duplicates from the location on the hard drive and not from the location at the musicmatch library. Musicmatch plus puts the songs in your musicmatch library and also on your hard drive.

The bad conections or duplicates that would not open by double clicking on them from the hard drive got deleted. So try to delete from the hard drive location and see if that is easier to remove duplicates or bad connections that would not open the song.

Comment

Working...