Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IITangoCrazy
    • Jul 2004

Combining Video Files

I have a couple of video files that i want to make into 1 video file is it possible?

I have tried windows movie maker but it seems to always die around 50% and it estimates over 300 minutes at the start.

Just wondering if there was an easier way to do it or not thanks.
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

VirtualDub

but the clips should have the same frame height and width (if not you have to crop/letterbox and re-encode), and the audio the same frequency.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If the files are in .AVI format, try a program named "AviJoin"...

Comment

• IITangoCrazy
        • Jul 2004

alright Im definately new sorry guys

but i tried VirtualDub and i couldnt find how to bring 2 movies in at once and join them

i then tried AviJoin and it said the files wouldnt work (they are AVI) and they play fine. and I also tried a program called Peck's Power Join which made a file that was 1 frame.

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"i then tried AviJoin and it said the files wouldnt work (they are AVI) and they play fine."

Then they are most likely at different framerates and or bitrates as "Qyd" alluded to.

Comment

• IITangoCrazy
            • Jul 2004

it would not let me import them i didnt even get to a spot where i could join them.

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"it would not let me import them i didnt even get to a spot where i could join them."

Again, like “Qyd” and I stated previously, the files are probably at different resolutions therefore they can't be joined.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

AVIJoin PERMITS joining of .AVIs of differing video and/or audio resolutions, compression, etc.

Perhaps the poster is lacking some required video and/or audio codecs...

Comment

Working...