X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubymagic
    • Jul 2004

Audio Sync has reared it's ugly head

Okay ppl here's the thing......

I had an .avi file in which the audio was ahead of the video. This I managed to sort out in VirtualDub. I then split the file in two and rechecked the sync....everything fine.

I then loaded the two files into TMPEnc to encode them for SVCD. Once encoded I rechecked the sync again and found the audio sync has reverted to being ahead in file 1 yet is in sync in file 2.....

Any suggestions anyone??

Many thanks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Any suggestions anyone??"

In TMPGEnc, after you have loaded your AVI file, click the "Setting" button at the bottom of the main dialog. Click on the "Advanced" tab and double-click on "Source Range". In that dialog at the bottom, there is an "Audio Gap Correct" window that will allow you to correct the audio by using a plus or minus value. If you are using the “Project Wizard” and using the SVCD template, "Source Range" will be listed in the 3rd dialog box called “Filter Setting”.

Comment

• rubymagic
      • Jul 2004

Thanks for your reply.

Would that work even though the loaded avi file in TMPEnc is sync'd correctly....TMPEnc seems to revert the sync correction I had previously applied......

Many thanks.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"TMPEnc seems to revert the sync correction I had previously applied"

Perform it on the "Converted" file not the original AVI. I meant to indicate that insted of making the reference to "after you have loaded your AVI file" as I did in my last post. Sorry about that.

Comment

• rubymagic
          • Jul 2004

No joy.......

I don't understand this....Part 1.avi goes into TMPEnc perfectly sync'd yet comes out the other side (as .mpg) out of sync even when applying your suggestion above.

The complete avi is in sync......once split, part 1 and part 2 are still in sync.....convert both parts in TMPEnc to mpg and part 1 ends up out of sync and part 2 is still fine???? My brain hurts lol

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"The complete avi is in sync......once split, part 1 and part 2 are still in sync"

The only other "Easy" method I can suggest is to try and use a program called "AVSVideoConverter". It has a setting for conversion into SVCD, and will also at the same time as converting the file(s) join them too.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"convert both parts in TMPEnc to mpg and part 1 ends up out of sync"

Then apply the directions offered by "ormonde" to the already converted "Part 1 MPEG", to wot:

"In TMPGEnc, after you have loaded your AVI file, click the "Setting" button at the bottom of the main dialog. Click on the "Advanced" tab and double-click on "Source Range". In that dialog at the bottom, there is an "Audio Gap Correct" window that will allow you to correct the audio by using a plus or minus value."

Comment

Working...