Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitty37
    • Jul 2004

Need Major Help Burning Movies With Nero

here's the story: i have a lot of movies in avi format that i'd like to burn onto a cd-r. when i first tried this with nero, it encoded the avi file for about an hour and then burned it for 10 minutes at the speed of 8x. when i tried to play back the cd, there were only a bunch of folders with wierd files but no movie. no picture, no sound, no indication of a movie whatsoever.
    so then i read on a forum that if a movie plays on a divx player, then it'll work on nero. so i downloaded all the necessary codecs (divx 3 and 5, ac3 filter) and it played fine on divx player. i then tested the preview on nero and only the picture would come out.. no sound. so then i used gspot to figure out what i was missing but i have all the needed codecs for both sound and picture.
    i also read somewhere that tmpgenc can convert avi. to mpeg but when i tried it, there was still no sound plus the picture came out in worse quality than to begin with.
    but i'd prefer not using the tmpgenc to convert my movies since nero does it anyway automatically before burning.
    so my primary question is... why isn't nero burning my movies??? what am i doing wrong? this can be related to both nero 5 and 6. please get back to me asap!!! thanks in advance
Working...