Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoJoFunyans
    • Jul 2004

Help with KVCD

Ok, I want to start making SVCD. I also wanted to try and use the KVCD template to put whole movies on one SVCD. If you could give me the best SVCD template that will make the file near 700 MBS. That would be great. Thanks!
  • mumbojumbo
    • Jul 2004

i am trying th KVCD template in tmpegnc right now.. is it working for you... were u able to get it on to 1 cd itself. a cd that was 80 min long?

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

The following thread may be of interest with regards to KVCD:

Comment

• mumbojumbo
        • Jul 2004

Ok this is what happend. I went to KVCD page to get the template for TMPEgnc. and saved it as a mfc file.
        Then i open up tmpegnc and loaded the MFC file . A .avi file that was 730 mb ended up becoming 1.2 gigs upon conversion to the mpeg2 by kvcd. that i doubt will fit on one 80 min cd.

Also well its done now.. and i noticed that the mpg file skips.. not a good one.. had to delete it... back to square one

appreciate the assistance, and hope u guys can help me out. I have to admit, i am not that literate with a lot of stuff realted to the computers.
        Last edited by mumbojumbo; 27 Jul 2004, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• ignignot
          • Mar 2004

also check out this thread:

In addition, there is a VAST wealth of knowledge in the guides and forums over at http://www.kvcd.net

If I had to guess what your problem is, it's that you are loading the template first, and the .avi file second. When you do this, TMPGEnc will change your output resolution to that of the .avi file. Try loading the source file first, and the template file second.

If you are using a non-standard resolution, this would very likely cause skipping in a DVD-Player... If it's being played off your HD, then I'm not sure.

Here's a good link for kVCD beginners: (just one of the links right on the main kVCD.net site)

Last edited by ignignot; 28 Jul 2004, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• mumbojumbo
            • Jul 2004

Thanx ignignot, I will try as u said, to load the avi file first then the template. I am not sure what I had done but will try otherwise. taking a look at the other links too.. again appreciate the help provided. thanks

Comment

Working...