Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gizmo
    • Feb 2002

playing vcd on dvd

Hi my name is patrik I use nero to burn a vcd but the problem is when I play it on my dvd pioneer-505 the resolution is sometimes destroyed with small blocks that appear on the tv there is no such fault whn I play the file or vcd-disc on my computer What can ba wrong please help me patrik
  • Clarkbar
    • Feb 2002

Does the screen freeze or just get really blocky? Blockiness sometimes happens with vcd's. Have you verified that there are no corrupt parts on the disc?

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
      • Nov 2001

Hay there Gizmo, your vcd's will often look better played on your pc as it has a higher resolution than your TV can get. To reduce the pixilation (blockyness) make sure your original file is of a high standard, if it needs to be converted to MPEG do so at a slow setting for highest quality and only convert ie. leave your PC alone totally, and use good quality media ie CDR's. A mate did say to me once he did notice a difference in quality after he defraged his PC, not sure if that is true or not but he is a Quality GURU and has an extrememly good eye for picture quality.

hope this helps a bit

Cheers

Comment

• anejo
        • Mar 2002

A question about VCD's

I have a VCD and I can't get it to play on my computer. It says I have a disk with an unsupported format in my drive. Is my DVD player just not compatible with VCD's, do I have to change something, or what? I would really appreciate some help. It would be nice to be able to watch burned VCD's....

Thanks
        Later

Comment

• Clarkbar
          • Feb 2002

look in

Hi,

put the vcd in your disc drive. go to media player>open the drive with the disc in it>there should be a folder that says mpgav or something really close to that>open it> on the bottom of the window where it says what file extension to look for select all files> there should be one that ends with .dat > double click on it> if you have media player it should open right up.

The .dat file is what you need to run it through media player.

Comment

• anejo
            • Mar 2002

VCD's

Ok, I opened media player and I opened the drive with the disk in it. These were the folders on it

Ext
            Mpeg2
            segment
            svcd

I opened the Mpeg2 and I got the file Avseq01 and when I tried to open this i got "No combination of filters could be found to render the stream"

and that's it....

anyone got any ideas...

appreciate it.
            thanks

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

You can also try playing the VCD disc using a DVD player software, like PowerDVD or the like. WMP can't play SVCDs and if that's what you've made, then you definitely can't play it using the player.

Comment

• Ndb
                • Mar 2002

Going by the folders you stated (i.e. (Mpeg2, svcd etc), what you have is a Super Video CD. You can only play this with a DVD Player like PowerDVD etc or a stand alone DVD player that supports SVCD movies (and read CD-R if on a CD-r), as the movie file is in Mpeg2 format (the same as a DVD).

I think that's right, but who can tell

I think I should have fully read Enchanters post before posting oooops
                Last edited by Ndb; 10 Mar 2002, 04:04 AM.

Comment

• anejo
                  • Mar 2002

It works!!

Nice, finally the Svcd works on my PowerDvd!!!! I ran the Dat file and it started right up!

Thanks for the information

Now, all I need is to be able to run it on my TV so it looks good! That TV tool thing makes things a little better, but I still have lines running down my screen on the tv...

any ideas on this?

Thanks again for the info!!

Later

Comment

Working...