X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheWiz
    Digital Keyboard Samurai
    • Jan 2002

Compact Discs Conversion

Is there some software that can translate .cda format to divx so that I can use the audio.
    - Amir "TheWiz"
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

DivX is for video.

The more correct thing to say is to convert .cda (CD Audio) tracks to MP3 tracks, which can be achieved by a large number of softwares. I personally use MusicMatch to do it.

Comment

• TheWiz
      Digital Keyboard Samurai
      • Jan 2002

mp3 to video

Well what do I do, when I have converted it to mp3 and I want to put the music over a divx formatted movie?
      - Amir "TheWiz"

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

You should be able to use software included as part of EZ CD Creator, NERO, or other CD burning programs to convert the CD tracks to WAV format on your hard drive.

Do you wish to use the music track INSTEAD of the video's soundtrack?

If so, first convert the audio to a WAV format.

Then, simply run VirtualDub.

Set the "Audio" to "No audio".

Set the "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying".

Load your DivX-compressed .AVI video.

Change the "Audio setting to "WAV audio"

Set the "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" and select your "Conversion" (if needed, from 48,000 to 44,100) and "Compression" ( to any available MP3 at 44,100) settings.

From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and enter a new filename.

If you wish to create a dual track video, retaining both the video's original soundtrack as well as adding a music track, you should go to:

In order to playback such a file with the option of selecting the audio tracks, you'll have to install Morgan Stream Switcher.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• TheWiz
          Digital Keyboard Samurai
          • Jan 2002

Works like charm!

Hey thanks for the help, it worked exactly the way I wanted i to. I didn't even know that it would "crop" the .wav down to the video time allotted. I thought it might have some type of error occur. Thanks again.
          - Amir "TheWiz"

Comment

Working...