AVIOUTPUT: The parameter is incorrect...?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peteski
    • Feb 2002

AVIOUTPUT: The parameter is incorrect...?

Hi,

I'm not a newbie at this sort of thing, but this sure seems like a newbie problem. Anyone have a clue why in VirtualDub I keep getting an error message stating "AVIOUPUT: The parameter is incorrect"? It happens when I save as avi. I've got plenty of space on my HD and I just can't work out what it could be... anyone have any theories?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

It's probably one of your video filter or codec settings set wrongly. Try rechecking them.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Make sure you're saving the file with a new (different) name. Also make certain that the drive and folder names are correct.

Comment

• peteski
        • Feb 2002

Thanks for the advice! I don't think it's the codec or the filters, I've used them all before - but I'll check them just to be safe. It also might be getting confused about the location - I've moved the official location of my desktop to a different folder and it might be confused for that reason... I have never saved to my desktop before. See? I knew it was a newbie question, but I just couldn't work out what it is... thanks! I'll post again if it's neither of those things...

Comment

• peteski
          • Feb 2002

Both didn't work. I thought I'd try fewer filters (I used just one this time) and then I saved it to one of the main drives in the root directory. I still get the same error. I think maybe I've just got a bad copy of VD. What is it looking for when it says the parameter is incorrect? Any ideas? If I knew that, I could figure out what I needed to change for it to work...

Comment

Working...