Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuarth1
    • Feb 2002

Please help!

Please help, i am trying to make vcd's. I have followed tutorials on the web and got the various programs needed to do the tutorials. Everything goes fine, i can convert to mpeg1 without any problems and the files open in the various burning softwares i have tried. Then i burn the disc, again no problems. But then when its finished i can see the slight change of colour on the cd's surface where its been burnt, but when i try to browse the cd it shows as empty...
    Ive tried all different softwares and options, but allways the same result, ive wasted about ten blank cd's now.

Thanks soooooooo much if you can help me..
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Looks like it's a problem with your burner software. After the burning was done, did you make sure that the session is closed?

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
      • Nov 2001

I have replied to this in your other post but this time you have told us some more. How are you trying to "brouse" the disc? sounds silly but are you putting the disc in your rom and clicking on that drive ? if so what happens ? if nothing than Download ISOBUSTER, put the disc in and see if it picks it up. It should do, if so let us know, if not, i will have to re-think cause thats really strange if you can see where it has been burnt.

Cheers

Comment

• stuarth1
        • Feb 2002

Thx for the responses, im going to try the ISOBUSTER, gonna download it now..
        Oh one more thing, when i put the discs into my stand alone dvd player, it displays the message 'NO DISC'.
        The software isnt set only to simulate and i am using easy cd creator because i was having no luck with nero..
        Will post again in a few mins to let you know the effect of isobuster.

Thx again.

Comment

• stuarth1
          • Feb 2002

Ok i dowloaded isobuster, but ive tried running it with a few of the discs ive burnt, everytime it gives the message 'reading file structure', then it just hangs, when i press ctrl/alt/del it shows as not responding....
          Oh in the browser on the left all discs tried show 2 tracks.

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
            • Nov 2001

This is really Bizzar, just to get a bit more information from you :
            -have you ever created a successfull VCD that has played on your DVD player ?
            -what programs are you using and quick run down in steps taken to create your VCD's

Cheers

Comment

• stuarth1
              • Feb 2002

Ok i have another computer which has only a CD ROM (not CDRW). All the discs which i said were showing nothing on them, DO show their contents on this computer. I can browse them and go into the MPEGAV file then open the movie which is in there as a .dat file with media player. But they still show nothing if i put them into the same comp/drive where i made them.
              ISOmaster works fine with every other type of cd, but whenever i put in a vcd the program freezes and i have to close it down.
              If i put them into my standalone dvd player it just says 'NO DISC'
              To make the vcd's i have tried two programs, easy cd creator and nero5. I have tried following the wizards and doing it myself, but always the same result. I am totally confused, how can the drive/comp that created the disc, not be able to read it, when another drive/comp can...
              Anyway it seems there is no problem with the burning of the disc, as its showing up on another comp. Is there a file i need to add to the disc aswell as the movie file itself, that maybe identifies itself to cd drives and dvd players?

Thanks for your time and help...

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
                • Nov 2001

OK, does the DAT file play on your mates PC ? ie. can you watch the movie on your mates PC, not just see its there ?
                Have you ever played VCD's on your stand-a-lone ? If so were they original VCD's or did you make them ? Is your Stand-a-lone dvd player VCD and CDR compatiable ?

Cheers

Comment

• stuarth1
                  • Feb 2002

Yes i tried them on my cousins comp' and you can double click the .dat file and they work fine (just have to choose what to open them with), they work like that on my 2nd comp too.
                  As far as my stand alone goes, it a sony dvd player and it says on the front DVD/VCD/CD, doesnt mention CDR!...
                  No i have never run a CDV on my standalone as i dont have any original cdv's.
                  Im still confused how the CDR that burnt the disc, cant read them, when ive tried them in two other comp's and they can read them....

Comment

• Harley
                    • Jan 2002

Just curious, what is the Frames Per Second of the file you burned? It should be 25 or 29.97fps. Anything else will work in a computer but not in a stand alone DVD player.

Comment

• stuarth1
                      • Feb 2002

They are all in PAL format, 25fps.
                      Its not just standalone players they wont work in, its also the comp/drive where i burnt them!

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
                        • Nov 2001

Hi again, just because your stand-a-lone says it will play vcd doesnt necessarly mean it will play burnt vcd's on cdr's so i would suggest you go and take a look at www.vcdhelp.com and do a quick search in the dvd player section to read the comments made about your particular stand-a-alone player.
                        As to why your burner is not reading the vcd its created is really strange, and will keep thinking about it

Cheers

Comment

Working...