Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El pollo
    • Feb 2002

Audio synch #9192192

When I first had problems with audio synch on AVI files, I searched in this forum and I found a solution.
    Since then I use Windows Media Player 6.4 for DivX-movies without a problem.
    But, that were files of +/- 500 MB and with a average quality (no problem for me.)

Now I have another audio synch problem, only with some files above 600MB, with good quality (res. 640x360*.) The sound is +/- 8 sec before the image and it doesn't run smooth. When I look at the statistics it shows a fps of max. 16 (With AVI-Info the file is 23.97)

(* a file with res. 720x336 and frame rate of 12.5 runs perfect)

System info: PIII 500, 128mb ram, Voodoo3 2000 (16mb)
    (I know it's shit)

Is there a way to run the AVI smooth? (decrease the resolution)

(sorry for my English)
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

The Playa may be able to play the file more smoothly, though I don't personally use it.

Another alternative would be to reencode it to a smaller resolution so that your system can play it more comfortably.

Comment

• El pollo
      • Feb 2002

When I use the playa, the image is smoother but the audio is still not synchronized

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

reduce the desktop area to the minimum (typically 640x480), stop any background applications, and try a less cpu intensive player such as GDIVX or Yeahplayer. Also, 16-bit color or possibly 24-bit would be the best.

Comment

• El pollo
          • Feb 2002

Thanks....

It helped a bit, the audio is now only 2 sec before the image instead of 8 so i'm on the good way to victory!

Any other advice?

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

I would assume you've changed the desktop area, color (To 16-bit, and the media player. They're all important steps.

If this doesn't work I guess there are two options (but they are time consuming)

1) convert to MPEG format using TMPGEnc
            2) lower the bitrate or resolution using Virtualdub

Also make sure nothing is running in the background. You shouldn't have any problems with the hardware---it exceeds the minimum requirements.

I would guess that this could be a problem with other software or hardware. Though I'm not sure. Also, make sure you use the right codec. Ensure divx 3.11 alpha plays back divx 3.11 files. Divx 4.12 isn't ideal for playing divx 3.11 media (divx 3.11 media is the most common). In the installation of divx 4.12 did you say "no" to allowing the divx 4.12 codec from being used to play divx 3.11 files? If you did good, if you didn't a re-install. First get 3.11 then install 4.12 again.

Hopefully, you're on the "road to victory".
            Last edited by Batman; 3 Mar 2002, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...