Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kelusman
    • Oct 2004

RM Converter

I have RM converter. I am converting RM to AVI. I cannot get the audio and video to match up. It is either too fast or too slow. I have used each compression setting and cannot get it to work. Is there a simple way to do this? Many thanks
  • MPS
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Mar 2003

try getting the video to avi and separate audio file, then use VirtualDub to join and synchronize video and audio in AVI.

Comment

• Kelusman
      • Oct 2004

I can do that. Is it fairly intuitive to do in virtual dub? To have it synchronize the two?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
        Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
        From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
        Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
        Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Kelusman
          • Oct 2004

Thanks for the great help. I will let you know how bad I screw this up.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the great help"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

• MPS
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              Digital Video Enthusiast
              • Mar 2003

I will let you know how bad I screw this up.
              can't wait ;]

Comment

• mebarton
                • Jan 2005

yea ive had the same prob and i have an answer there is an exelt converter ive found no problems wot so ever its called R7C (Real time converter) if ur looking to get exelnt videos out of it i would sergest you also get the DIVX codec with free player then ur off i hope this is some use

Comment

Working...