Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phaerielike
    • Nov 2004

Frustration!!!

ok, so this is getting REALLY frustrating... i had everything d/l and was converting dvd to divx with no problems what so ever... then my system died and had to do a full reinstallation of the operating system. i have no reinstalled everything i need, and i THOUGHT everything was working fine... except when i convert in flaskMPEG it will only convert the first 2 minutes or so and then it will stop (no error msg's) as if it has completed the whole movie. i have tried to reinstall all programs associated, tried diffferent DVD's and still not working... getting _very_ annoyed.... any suggestions???
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"when i convert in flaskMPEG it will only convert the first 2 minutes or so and then it will stop (no error msg's) as if it has completed the whole movie"

If this has happened only with one specific DVD, perhaps you have simply clicked on the wrong .IFO file...

Comment

• phaerielike
      • Nov 2004

the same thing has happened on numerous dvds... all gets to exactly 2 minutes and stops.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Sounds like the oft' mentioned, infamous Creative Labs soundcard's .MP3 codec at work again.

1) If you don't already have another (besides the Creative one) .MP3 codec installed on your system, download and install the Fraunhoefer or similar .MP3 codec

2) In your Control Panel, select "Multimedia" (or whatever the XP reference is - it eludes me at the moment) and deactivate all .MP3 codecs EXCEPT the one that you've just added
        3) Reboot your system

Let us know of your success ;>}
        Last edited by setarip; 7 Nov 2004, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• phaerielike
          • Nov 2004

I have already got Fraunhoefer on my system... (but just did reinstallation, just to make sure all is ok)

XP equivelant is "sounds and audio devices" have deactivated all codecs except the Fraunhoefer one... and rebooted... and still stops after 2 mins.
          *sighs*
          Last edited by phaerielike; 7 Nov 2004, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Try using an alternative to FlaskMPEG, such as MPEGMediator Special Edition, XMPEG, GordianKnot, etc. If they work properly, it would then appaer tha there is something corrupted in your FlaskMPEG installation. If they exhibit the same problematic behaviour, one could presume that the problem lies in your system (system files or hardware)...

Comment

• phaerielike
              • Nov 2004

ok... so i dl xmpeg and installed it... tried using it and everything was fine... that was the first time... then i tried to use it again and it said that it was unable to open the correct IFO file, it is only able to open the IFO files for individual segments, not the one for the whole movie so *sighs* getting a little annoyed

suggestions??

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Are you SURE you were selecting the correct .IFO (Do NOT select "VIDEO_TS.IFO"). More often than not, the correct .IFO is "VTS_01_0.IFO" - and you should be able to determine the correct .IFO by the indicated running time...

If you haven't made any mistakes, you probably have system problems and/or a virus...

Comment

• phaerielike
                  • Nov 2004

yup, sure im selecting the right IFO file... and i either get the msg "unable to open this file" or the running time is 00:00:00 but i KNOW that it is the right file.
                  as for system problems... just on a week ago i did a full reinstallation of operating system... but everything installed just fine etc... and have updated all virus stuph and checked and that came back completely clean.

starting to want to pull out all of my hair!

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

You might want to try yet another program - one that's NOT so closely related (as is XMPEG) to Flask - as I previously mentioned, such as MPEGMediator Special Edition or GordianKnot, or any one of the many alternatives available at:

Digital Digest DivX Xvid Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, Xvid and AVI articles, guides and software, latest news and updates

Comment

• ziadost
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2004

gordian knot gives absolute best quality, in my opinion. get guides, as setarip said, at from http://www.divx-digest.com or http://www.doom9.org

i have used flaskmpeg, and it gives relatively poor quality at REALLY REALLY slow speeds.

also, you might want to think about using xvid instead of divx. xvid is superiour in quality and even more so in speed
                      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• phaerielike
                        • Nov 2004

hmm... so i tried to do the gordianknot thing... followed everything from http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/...rdianknot.html and when i finished... there was no movie :/ not really sure what happened... i followed everything exactly but there was no file at the end of it all except for an .avs file that was 2k which was a log file *sighs*

Comment

• ziadost
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2004

that's really wierd because the guide is very good and should create an awesome xvid/divx file... are you absolutely sure you installed gordian knot correctly? did the program give any error messages?
                          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

Try something simpler like MPEGMediator Special Edition...

Comment

• phaerielike
                              • Nov 2004

i thought it was rather strange also *sighs*
                              had no problems installing gordianknot at all... everything was just fine. followed all of the steps in the guide and then nothing to show for it at the end

as for trying mpeg mediator special edition, the only place that i can find to download it is www.wolf-town.com and when i load the page it says done and i am looking at a blank white screen... so not really sure what is going on there...

starting to think i should just give up. RAR!!!!

Comment

Working...