Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • truckit
    • Nov 2004

dvd freeze and pixelating

hi all. iam a silver surfer wonder if an one can help a lot of the dvd i burn tend to freeze about 3/4 of the way through ive tried various burning software and media but still carn,t solve the problem they work fine on a computer but not on a stand alone dvd player ive tried them on other peoples plays and they still freeze or pixelate at the moment iam useing dvd srink 3.2 i need help
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

To find out if it is in the burning process or in the playing process you have your problem - do this test;

Download www.dvdinfopro.com (freeware) insert one of your burned disc and selelct the option "Test your media for CRC read errors" - if you only get green dots you know that your burning is ok and it is the player that causes the problem. If you get any read dots - you know something else.

Comment

• truckit
      • Nov 2004

hi iam doing the test it got half way through and slowed down. on the right hand side in the box at the moment theres about 300 errors with the letters lba= then a lot of numbers any ideas cynthia tack

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Hopefully, you are NOT running any unnecessary programs (background or foreground) at the time you are burning your DVDs...

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• truckit
          • Nov 2004

hi. the two disks that showed errors were ridisc g04 . ihave just tried a bulkpaq orange disk no errors. and a datawrite white printable no problems but as i said before 3 or 4 dvd player tend to play only 3/4 of the way through the film

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Which burner do you have?

Comment

• truckit
              • Nov 2004

hi. i have an nec 3500 in one computer and an nec 2510 in the other i get the same problem in both

Comment

• truckit
                • Nov 2004

can nobody give me any help. this problem must have come up with a few people

Comment

• Mig$y
                  Retired
                  • Jan 2004

Try reducing your Output size in your preferences by 100 - 200 mb.

Edit>Preferences.

Comment

• cynthia
                    Super Moderatress
                    • Jan 2004

Nec is very tricky about used media. Go to the Nec homepage and see what media they support. If you want to use other brands of discs you have to use hacked firmware.

Comment

Working...