• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deckhead2
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • May 2004

over the top dvd

over the top on dvd, most of the dvds are region 2 i f i buy it from ebay and when i go to encode it, can i make it region free on dvd shrink that way it will play on my dvd player and will the dvd be in english threw the whole movie
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Yes, I believe so. Make it reigon free.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If you are in Region 1, simply changing the Region, or making it Region free is NOT enough for playback on most standalone DVD players. You'll also have to deal with converting from PAL format to NTSC format - which is neither easy nor a perfect science...

Comment

• deckhead2
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • May 2004

over the top dvd i need to have it region1 or maybe possibly region free is it possilble to do .what do yo mean by PAL format to NTSC format if it goes in dvd shrink why couldn't i change the settings to region 1 wouldn't that work

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"what do yo mean by PAL format to NTSC format"

Do a little research by using a Googlesearch, if you want to understand the differences between these two formats...

Comment

• deckhead2
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • May 2004

ok i looked it up pal format is the best ntsc format is the second best but still how do i convert it to a region 1 on dvd for over the top

Comment

• deckhead2
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • May 2004

so if i but the dvd over the top it will play on my dvd player if i make it region free right cause i live in the united states

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"so if i but the dvd over the top it will play on my dvd player if i make it region free right cause i live in the united states"

NOT IF YOU PURCHASE A REGION 2 DVD!

Yet again, if you are in Region 1, simply changing the Region, or making it Region free is NOT enough for playback on most standalone DVD players. You'll also have to deal with converting from PAL format to NTSC format - which is neither easy nor a perfect science...

Comment

• deckhead2
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • May 2004

when are they going to make over the top on dvd region 1 that's bull crap that they make it on region 2 region 4 still yet to see over the top region 1 when do you think they will make it region 1

Comment

• jmet
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2002

I did a google search for "over the top dvd", and 1 of the results was www.amazon.com They have it in region 1, but they have none available but you can put your email address in and they will email you when it becomes available to buy.

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"when are they going to make over the top on dvd region 1 that's bull crap that they make it on region 2 region 4 still yet to see over the top region 1 when do you think they will make it region 1"

This has nothing to do with these forums...

Comment

• jmet
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2002

I thought you knew that kind of stuff setarip. lol

Comment

Working...