Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lethaldoser
    • Mar 2002

New to Divix encoding

I am using a Dazzle SE capture card and a copy of Abobe Premiere to capture my video from a Sony TRV 120 camera. I get a raw AVI file that I want to encode with the Divix codec because we all know how large the AVI files are when they are dropped to computer. There has to be a way to do this so I don't have a video file that is 900meg, since I have seen entire films that are not even 200 meg. Can someone suggest to me how I can get the desired result?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Use VirtualDub to convert your (large) raw .AVI into (much smaller) DivX-compressed video format. You might also want to compress your audio under VirtualDub (assumimg you've installed some or another audio compression codec on your system) while you're at it.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• lethaldoser
      • Mar 2002

I used Virtual Dub and got the file down to about 34 Meg. That is for a 4.5 minute clip. I would like to know if I could get that file size down even more. If someone could suggest the proper set up, I will try it out. I also had a problem with the video having lines in it when there was alot of motion. The lines don't appear until the video was run through Virtual Dub because my raw file didn't have it in it. I want to start editing videos for friends bands and I know there is going to be motion in them. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

To get the filesize down even more, lower the bitrate used accordingly. If necessary, lower the resolution of the video as well.

I don't quite understand what the lines you were referring to are supposed to be. It sounds like an interlacing problem, but one caused by a setting in Virtualdub (?). Discard the video with the lining flaws in it and reencode it. Do it more properly this time and follow the appropriate guide for it.

Comment

• Harley
          • Jan 2002

Compress the audio to MP3 as well as compressing the video in DivX.

Comment

• lethaldoser
            • Mar 2002

FTP to

136.167.231.205/upload/lethaldoser did it/video
            port 8745

that is the server that my videos reside. there are two of live shows that have the lines in. please check them out and tell me what i might be doing wrong. thanks.

Comment

Working...