Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laurelspring
    • Dec 2004

file share programs and DVD burning

I am running two computers. One uses a file sharing program to download video files. The other has a DVD burner. The two computers are not networked. I have been transfering the files from the comp that downloaded them to the computer with the DVD burner using a data disc. Some video files are too large to fit on a data disc. How can I transfer the files to burn them without networking the two computers? Thank you!
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

<b>Please do not refer to pirated contents</b> (including software/movies/music ...) - posting messages about movies you downloaded off Kazza or some other illegal means will not help you, and may get you into trouble with the authorities. For more information regarding what kind of posts are acceptable, please <a href="http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?threadid=28245">read this message</a>

Comment

• laurelspring
      • Dec 2004

all apologies

all apologies, however the files I was refering to are not illegal or pirated nor were they downloaded from an illegal source. According to the message regarding which types of posts are acceptable I cannot see where I have made an error.
      "The following posts are acceptable, and should be posted in their respective forums (eg. DivX - Encoding) :
      If you only mention a video file"
      "the following type of posts will be deleted:
      If you mention that you downloaded a movie (a full movie, not a movie file) from an online/file sharing source without specifying it was legal"
      Now I AM confused!!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"One uses a file sharing program to download video files."

This is perfectly acceptable terminology, as per the ru;es of these forums.

"Some video files are too large to fit on a data disc. How can I transfer the files to burn them without networking the two computers?"

Try using a program such as FileSplitter (no compressing) - or WinRar to compress the files...

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

or a cross over cable.

Comment

• laurelspring
            • Dec 2004

thanks

thanks setarip. FilSplitter worked fine.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"thanks setarip. FilSplitter worked fine."

MY pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...