Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • freewheelinguy
    • Nov 2001

changing fps rate possible?

Trying to convert an AVI file to play on my standalone DVD. Followed instructions using NEO 5.5. No success. I noticed on another post that NEO only recognizes three frame rates for the AVI file. The file I'm trying to convert when I click on it's properties says: Image 352x240 pixels, Audio 32kbps format MPEG Layer-3, Video 14fps data rate 41kbps. My questions are:
    Is there a program where I can change the frame size to one of these formats or is this file totally unacceptible for conversion.

Thanks,
    Len
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Use TMPGEnc to convert your AVI file to a MPEG-1 file instead (and then burn the MPEG-1 file as a VCD later), and choose the PAL template :

Please note that because your video only has 14 fps, it won't playback very smoothly (it only has half the frames of a normal VCD/movie). The audio will also be of low quality.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• freewheelinguy
      • Nov 2001

Thanks for the help. It greatly appreciated. Converted using the suggested program. Plays fine on computer, but still the DVD player won't recognize the file. This player is suppose to play mp3's and VCD's. mp3's play fine. Can't get any VCD I burned to play. Also, used NTSC not PAL. DVD booklet says won't play PAL.

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
        • Nov 2001

Hi there, have you tried different types of media as some DVD Players dont like certain brands of disc, others perfer silver bottom ones, blue, gold ect ect,
        A silly question perhaps but did you use Nero to convert the MPEG to VCD ?

If this is of no help you can try to RE-Packetize it with a program called M1-Edit, go to tools and Re-pack it after cutting it, than use NERO to burn to VCD.

If your dvd player can play VCD's than doing this should sole the problem

Cheers

Comment

Working...