Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anti-leno
    • Mar 2005

avi to dvd sound lag

So i have a movie as an .avi file and i want to watch it on my dvd player so i use roxio dvd builder to convert and burn it to dvd. However when i watch the movie now on my dvd player the sound slowly lags behind the video so by the end of the movie the actors mouths are moving but the audio of what they are saying is coming on about a second behind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

That's probably just another deficiency of Roxio's software.

As an alternative, one set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• anti-leno
      • Mar 2005

Thanks a lot for your help i installed those programs and got my avi onto dvd with no problems. One thing though the quality of the dvd wasnt the same as when i watch the avi on my computer. Any suggestions? I've only used it the one time and i just left all the settings default i'll play around with it more today and see if i can't upgrade the quality. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks again for your help."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

"the quality of the dvd wasnt the same as when i watch the avi on my computer."

One reason is because DVD uses an mpeg-2 (.VOB) digitally compressed format whereas AVI is an uncompressed video format.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"whereas AVI is an uncompressed video format."

Although it is POSSIBLE that the .AVI COULD be uncompressed, it is also possible (and more likely) that it is a DivX-compressed or XviD-compressed .AVI.

Comment

Working...