Sound delay when loading WAV in VirtualDub.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inaltimea_sa
    • Feb 2005

Sound delay when loading WAV in VirtualDub.

Hello.

It's not the first time when I'm converting from AVI to MPEG2 only this time I have a problem.
    When I'm saving the WAV from video file and loading it in VirtualDub I get a delay. I saved it using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 first time then using Save Wav option from VirtualDub. Audio format of the movie is mpeglayer3 (mp3) (0x0055) ISO/MPEG like other movies I converted.

Thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio for use with TMPGEnc

Using VirtualDubMOD to Convert "VBR" .MP3 to Uncompressed .WAV

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDubMOD (a different program than the standard VirtualDub)

2) From the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Direct Stream Copy"

3) From the "Streams" dropdown menu, select "Stream List" - and rightclick on the audio stream, then select "Full Processing Mode" - then click on "OK". Rightclick on the audiostream again, then select "Compression" and make certain it is set to "No compression (PCM)"

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, save .AVI with a new filename

Comment

• inaltimea_sa
      • Feb 2005

I finally found the problem: the movie length is 1:41:05,440. After saving the audio, the WAV length was 1:40:52.440 (3 different ways: VirtualDub, VirtualDubMOD and Cool Edit Pro 2.0 using Insert Audio from Video File option). I think this happened because the movie has 22 seconds of silence at the beginning. I edited the 1:40:52.440 WAV in Cool Edit and added silence to the beginning to make it equal with 1:41:05,440.

Thanks.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma!

Comment

Working...