Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andy67531
    • May 2005

How to copy vhs to hard drive?

Good evening all, now I would describe myself as novice plus, in other words not completely green but not fair off, however with the help of this forum a couple of weeks ago I did manage to copy my first dvd and again to all those involved many thanks. Well for my next trick I would like to copy vhs onto a dvd if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. Sometime ago I bought a piece of kit called pinnacle studio version 9.1 and installed it on my old computer part of the hardware was a scart lead that connects to the back of your vcr this then goes to a small box connecting to audio left, and right aslo video in which is called a "dazzle digital video creator 80". This then connects to your pc via a usb port. I connected it all up and it did copy vhs to my hard drive but it was incredibly complicated and at the same time it became apparent that my pc was just not fast enough to do this type of work, so now I have a new pc which is plenty fast enough I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that I could use with the dazzle box that is easier than pinnacle.
    Many thanks
    Andy
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

The Dazzle box will use all sorts of different software.
    Look up "capture" in the tools section at www.videohelp.com
    Download 20 or 30 and experiment. keep what you like best.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• andy67531
      • May 2005

Hi
      Thanks for that I found one that seemed to be idiot proof, which is how I like um. One more thing is it possible for me to somehow improve the quality of the final dvd it is very grainy.
      Once again many thanks for your help.
      Best wishes
      Andy

Comment

• reboot
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2004

Change your capture codec, or use none at all (beware, HUGE file sizes), increase bitrate.
        Basically, to get the best quality DVD from an avi, you need the biggest avi you can create.
        That would be uncompressed avi, at 720x480/576, with LPCM (.wav) audio.
        Final DVD quality depends on the encoder used, the settings in that encoder, including bitrate, motion search method, DC Component precision, etc.
        My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...