Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clackey
    • Nov 2001

Can't play avi files fetched from Morpheus

Reading various messages herein makes me realize how little I know about formats and codecs. I read the GLossary. Excellent (if not overwhelming).
    I am using Windows98 SE: even after instaling the latest Quicktime, Windows Media player 7 (was 6.4) and RealPlayer, all complain about missing codec required. How do I interogate an AVI file and discover what it needs?

I have been fetching vidio clips fom Morpheus that have been captured from TV and all of them are AVI. Any suggestions?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you will most likely be in need of a 'divx' codec!

for divx3.x go to the link in my signature and download tsunamis filter pack 3f

take care to stick to the install-readme!!

divx4 should be
    HERE

Comment

• Rck60s
      • Nov 2001

morpheus downloads

It seems like when I dload from Morpheus I do not get the entire file...for example I just tried to dnload what was supposed to be the full 98 minute movie of Harry Potter but got only 8 minutes of Snatch...It played fine but only 8 minutes? Am I not doing something right? also some of the downloads say full movie and then say Trade only? give you 20 secs and nothing? am I missing some instructions or something?

Comment

• snoop_doggy_dre
        • Nov 2001

well sometimes with movies like harry potter people claim its harry potter but they've just renamed there movie so it's probly a hole different movie, and just ignore the trade only sign, the user that has the movie probly didnt put it in place so they'll let u download the full movie

cheers
        get on ur knees and blow, bitch

Comment

Working...