Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dshorrosh
    • Aug 2005

CRC Error with Dolby Aurora download

After downloading from the d-d download area, I'm getting a CRC error just before the unzip process completes. The other downloads unzipped and are working fine when playing with WinDVD.

Also, when I convert the THX download from unzipped VOB to MPB, I end-up with a PAL file instead of NTSC? I can't use it in my editing software . . .

Anyone else with this problem?

BTW, I've been making DVDs from home video for about a year now and wish I'd found this site earlier . . .

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Dshorrosh; 12 Aug 2005, 01:31 PM. Reason: clarification
  • Mkanyicy
    • Aug 2005

Re: CRC error

The problem that you are facing might be due to the condition of the transmission channel that you were using by that time. That is, it might be that the packets that you were downlading had to travel in very congested routes and some of them got corrupted on the way to your computer. The result was CRC code was not the same as expected, hence the error that you got. I'd advise you to try to download the same file(s) again and see if ever you'll get the same problems.

Thanks.

Regards
    Mkanyicy Madlavana

Comment

• chinapoppi
      • Aug 2005

Dshorrosh~

You can try this free application to check your future file(s) for consistency:

www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/crc.html

Hope this answers your question~

zaijian~~

Comment

Working...