Combining 2 seperate clips without taking up 30gb?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyrunner
    • Aug 2005

Combining 2 seperate clips without taking up 30gb?

As of now, I've been trying to combine two seperate xvid files, which I have, using virtualdub. So far I've done that and filtered the clips (made them brighter, etc.) but when I go to save the file using virtualdub it would end up taking 30gb of harddrive space. The two clips that I combined were both 695mb. Is there any way to combine these two files and save them with the changes I made without maxing out my HD?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

make sure you select "direct stream copy" under "video" in virtualdub. then join
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• skyrunner
      • Aug 2005

Compression is grayed out for me, but under audio and video, direct stream copy is selected. Is there something wrong if I cant acess this compression?

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

probably means you don't have the codec the file was originally encoded with. nothing wrong really, unless you want to re-encode/edit the files.

you did not metion whether it worked or not...

Comment

• skyrunner
          • Aug 2005

Alright, I managed to get the clips together and compress them, but when I view it in its entirety, I notice the filters I added to it are not used. How would you go about getting the output to be seen in a media player instead of the full version of the input?

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

the only way you can add filters is if you re-encode the video. meaning you have to click "compression", choose and set up a codec.

Comment

Working...