X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allegro
    • Mar 2002

Can't sinc the sound!!

Hello,
    I recently downloaded FlaskMPEG and used it to convert some VOB files to DivX. The film converted fine and so did the soundtrack, except that the soundtrack is a few seconds off from the film. I used the standard Decode Audio setting and the format is set to MP3. I am using DivX format. I am brand spanking new to all of this and very frustrated because it takes around 5 hours to compress one movie only to have the audio out of sinc !!!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Open your encoded video in Virtua;/nandub. Set both video and audio tabs to Direct Stream Copy. Under the audio tab, play around with the Interleave option (The instructions are clear) until you find the right configurations. Then File -> Save as AVI.

A new file will be created. Play it to see if the problem persists, in which case, you should alter the values in the Interleave option.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

In the future, if you're using Flask, I'd suggest that you save the audio as Uncompressed PCM (WAV) 48,000Khz, which will retain synchronization. After the conversion, load the resultant DivX-compressed .AVI into VirtualDub, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying", set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode". Under "Audio", select "Conversion" and set it to 44,100. Then, under "Audio", select "Comprression" and choose whichever 44,100 MP3 sampling rate suits your fancy. Then save with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• allegro
        • Mar 2002

Thank You, Thank You!

Thank you guys for the help, it did the trick! I was a little freaked by VirtualDub at first (remember, I'm an extreme newbie, this was the very first DivX that I have ever attempted!), but it's a really COOL program, I can't believe it's free!! I'll be back, because next I want to learn to burn to a CD, and how to cut and repair. Anyway, you guys RULE! Thanks for the help!!

Comment

Working...