X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colin05
    • Sep 2005

DVD Playback & Region Problem

Hey folks,

Another newbie here I'm afraid with a problem but please bear with me and I'll try to give as much information as I can.

I'm from the Uk and therfor normally use region2 DVD's (I think !!). Recently though, I was playing a DVD from America which was a different region - region 1 I think. To do so I had to change the region of my DVD player to region 1. I only did so as it said I had another 2 changes left but once I'd watched the DVD, I tried to change it back to region 2 but was told that I'm not allowed to.

So i came to the net to try and find a solution.

Here's some information on the system I'm running:

I'm using PowerDVD for playback and have been doing so with no problems since I bought it.
    I'm running windows me millenium edition.

Steps I've taken to try and fix the problem are trying to use a different playback program - I tried cineplayer but this again said there had been an error due to the region of my DVD player.
    I then tried to follow several guides on the web to go about making the drive region free. I got to the flashing the drive stage on the following guide : http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/region.html but didn't understand what I had to do once I'd downloaded the correct firmware.

Its frustrating but I thought I'd see if anyone had a soultion or advice for me. Thanks for your time in reading this post and I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks again

Colin
  • moonrocks
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jul 2005

No need to switch players, PowerDVD should be fine. Also, you shouldn't need to go so far as to flashing your drive or changing regions on the drive. The easiest solution is simply software. Try DVD Region Killer. I can play all region DVD's on my PC using only that.

Last edited by moonrocks; 27 Sep 2005, 01:04 PM.

"Det blåser også her." - Erik den røde

Comment

Working...