Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom
    • Apr 2002

Divx as default player

I go through everthing to take DV footage and using Adobe Premiers and Divx, I save it as a GREAT small video file. Next I try to use it in different Apps and I get the usual Real Player and Windows Media Player screens when I call the file up. It is most likely that the programs I am using (Macromedia Authorware, Powerpoint, and Dreamweaver) don't support Divx. But does anyone know of a MPEG 4 player that is being supported or that can be pluged in. Or is this a Windows default problem. Or am I missing something obvious.

The Divx format and the MPEG4 are really great for multimedia, web and so on. But how can I use them other than DVD to CD copy?

Thanks a million!!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

What exactly is the problem?

Comment

• Tom
      • Apr 2002

You know when you take your car in and tell them it won't start and the mechanic gets in and it starts right up... Well I seem to now be able to run the Divx files in all of my Apps. It was so basic I am embarrassed. SORRY

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

You're welcome. Next time do make sure that the problem is something you can't handle before you ask something here.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To Tom

You have nothing to apologize for, nor do you have to "make sure that the problem is something you can't handle before you ask something here."

Feel free to post any digital video questions you have. If you should happen to resolve them yourself, that's WONDERFUL!

These forums are open to all...

Comment

• khp
            The Other
            • Nov 2001

Re: To Tom

Originally posted by setarip

Feel free to post any digital video questions you have. If you should happen to resolve them yourself, that's WONDERFUL!
            Just a small comment on this, and this is in no way aimed at Tom.

If you are new to this board or Digital Video in general, please check other postings before asking, the search function is great for this, answering the same questions over and over again gets kind of boring.
            Last edited by khp; 2 Apr 2002, 06:21 AM.
            Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
            http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...