Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nephilim
    • Apr 2002

AVI files crash my comp wtf?

Ok it's a strange strange thing that really gets under my skin I have all the divx codecs and when I play some not all avi files they get a little green line in some parts this is when my comp crashes. On some files if I change the 4 cc code it fixes it but not all I have tried to recompress the files using vdub but that crashes when I try to recompress the file. I have given up hope. But if anyone else has experienced this problem and has been able to fix it please help it would be greatly appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try examining all of your "problem" files under VirtualDub, to see if you can find a common cause for this difficulty.

Simply load a file into VirtualDub and, from under the "File" dropdown menu, select "File information"...
    Last edited by setarip; 2 Apr 2002, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

The divx 5.0 codec presents numerous problems, as such, I would recommend you uninstall it. If you have divx 4.12 do not enable it to play divx 3.11 alpha content. Play divx files in WMP 6.4.

You may want to ascertain that you have the latest hardware drivers etc...

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

The avi files can also cause problems if they contain badly-encoded audio stream, such as those encoded using the DivX audio (WMA).

Comment

Working...