Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RPT
    • Feb 2004

avi to dvd - encoders keep crashing!

I am having problems encoding avi's into dvd format. The enoder keeps crashing ... I get the "(program) has experienced an unexpected error and has to close" right after beginning to encode. This has happened with dvdsanta. DIKO & The Film Machine also report errors and fail to encode. The avi's are XVids, and I have downloaded the XVid codecs. I have also downloaded and run ffdshow. Does anyone have any suggestions??
    THX!!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

post the file info please. you can download and install virtualdubmod (free) load the file, post everything in the video and audio information.

does this file have ac3 audio? do you have an ac3 decompressor?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• RPT
      • Feb 2004

I'll do that when I get back to my home computer. I should point out that I have had this problem with a number of avi's.

Comment

• RPT
        • Feb 2004

Resolved

I've managed to resolve the problem ... looks like it was a codecs issue. I uninstalled all of my codecs, and then installed virtualdubmod & ffdshow ... everything seems to be working fine now.
        Thanks for replying!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

"looks like it was a codecs issue. I uninstalled all of my codecs, and then installed virtualdubmod & ffdshow ... everything seems to be working fine now.
          Thanks for replying!"

happy to do it, too many codecs do this all to often
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

more proof that you should only install a codec when/if it's needed. Stay away from codec packs

Comment

Working...