X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moon
    pc noob ^.^
    • Oct 2005

can i upgrade my graphics?

Hi all I'm fairly new to pc's and i've just bought a imedia 1517 amd athalon 64 3400+ with intergrated ati xpress 200. I have no idea if i can uprade the graphics? To be honest i don't even know what the mother board is! If any one can help i would realy be greatfull
  • mill
    Im Off To See The Wizard
    • Oct 2005

Why would u want to do that allready if u just got your pc? If its not broke dont fix it . I would get to no your system alittle more. It sounds pretty good now with that processer you have. But im farly new to at computers. Im allways trying to tweak things i shouldnt mabey,. Well have fun
    Keep Plugin away

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

integrated graphics, no matter which model/brand, will not be able to render graphics/video very well, and will drain PC performance overall (integrated video puts aside a certain amount of RAM for its own use).

most motherboards will have an AGP or a PCI Express slot for dedicated graphics. find out what make/model your motherboard is, and check the manual (or contact the place of purchase).

once you have that info, we can talk graphics cards
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

on board graphics are ok for moderate usage but I would do as "anonymez" stated especially if you're gonna do any gaming/video/graphic work.

Comment

• moon
          pc noob ^.^
          • Oct 2005

Thanx guys you are right i should get to know my pc first but doom 3 is so jerky on it even with all the stuff turned down

Comment

Working...