Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chalky2
    • Nov 2001

Tmpgenc problem

I am trying to convert an avi vid to mpg using divx 4.11 codec which is what the avi was made with. When I put the avi into Tmpgenc I can see the first frame ok, when clicking 'preview' I get a blank viewing screen.
    Then after exiting Tmpgenc this error message pops up:-
    "Write error occurred at address BFF7A388 of module 'KERNEL32.DLL' with A10000AD"
    what can be causing this?
    I'm using a P3 450mhz computer with win '98 2nd edition.
    Grateful for any help ... chalky2
  • 1 Smelly Fish
    • Nov 2001

Ok a few things to check on just off the top of my head (bit early in the morning for me) :
    I never leave the preview on during the conversion as i found it stuffs up on me (TMPGEnc v12a)
    Have you selected the correct settings and loaded in the appropiate format to convert to eg. PAL, NTSC ? What are you convrting to fps ?
    Are you closing down all other running programs on your PC by going Ctrl, Alt, Dleate leaving only Ststray and Explorer?
    What version of TMPGEnc are you running and have ever had any other problems with it ?

Cheers

Comment

• chalky2
      • Nov 2001

Thanks for your reply..
      This problem has only just started actually..
      I only use the preview to make sure the vid plays ok, then turn it off before conversion.
      I am using TMPGEnc12j and 12a, also tried the new TMPGEnc2.01, all with same result.
      There appears to be something wrong with registry settings (maybe), but I have no idea what settings to look at, I assume this because Virtualdub is now playing up, joins vids ok (can view joined vid in vd viewer) but WMP and other players refuses to play the vid after saving it.
      Not sure where to go from here..
      Life wasn't meant to be easy
      thanks ... chalky2

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
        • Nov 2001

It does sound to me as though something may be clashing if your having problems with TMPGEnc, Virtual Dub and Windows Media Player. I would be uninstalling Virtual Dub and try TMPGEnc again. I tried to use Virtual Dub, Flask and a few other Ripping Proggies and found that i was getting errors and my PC would freeze up and gave me allot of grief. But through persistance i found that Clad DVD 1.70, DVD2AVI 1.74 and TMPGEnc 12a works great and no clashes.

So hang in there, keep fiddling and happy Ripping

Cheers

Comment

Working...