Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dru1d
    • Nov 2001

no picture, no sound

I am trying to view a avi clip. It plays but has no sound or picture. I have installed the latest divx codec 4.11 and have installed the Angelportion program. Any help figuring this out would be great. The clip is over 200 megs.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try installing the ORIGINAL Divx codec, v.3.11. Use Windows Media Player v.6.4 or earlier for viewing.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Wer-Al Zwowe
      • Dec 2001

Install all the codecs you can find. The right one must be somewhere.

Comment

• Annexed
        • Dec 2001

Have similar problem - Playa refuses toopen location and Media Player just plays a blank screen...file info claimed it wanted 4.02 but I've got that and 4.12 and no joy...now down to checking my 3.11 installation...

Comment

• Mr. Black
          • Jan 2002

i've had this same problem...it plays but theres no sound and the picture is just a black square, before when i've had codex probs its either not played at all or just played the sound...i've got the latest codex (tho i'm not sure what you mean by ORIGINAL, are there fake ones, and if so how do you tell which you have) and have tried about 4 different players WMP, the playa, virtual dub, SASIMI2K...and nothing seems to work, this has happened about 3 times now and its really starting to annoy me

thanks for any help

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"tho i'm not sure what you mean by ORIGINAL"

V.3.11 was the first DivX codec created by an author. The DivX 4.xxx codecs have been created by others, in a group known as either DivX Deux or Open DivX (or yet a third name that eludes me at the moment).

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"tho i'm not sure what you mean by ORIGINAL"

V.3.11 was the first DivX codec created by an author. The DivX 4.xxx codecs have been created by others, in a group known as either DivX Deux, Open DivX or Project Mayo.

Comment

• LaFouine
                Platinum Member
                Platinum Member
                • Dec 2001

Try setting your color configuration to 32 bits if it is not.

I had the problem in 16 bits color mode : WMP was freezing on a black screen. In 32 bits mode, everything's fine.

Let us know
                Rip In Peace
                LaFouine

Comment

Working...