Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tatubolita
    • Apr 2002

pls help me

Ive downloaded one movie from the net. BLack Hawk Down, it comes in two parts. I downloaded the DIVX player 2.0 Alpha, and i can view the firs part, but when i tryed to open the second part file, there is an error message like this ""Divx Player Error, Failed to open c:/my documents/black Hawk Down (good cam) part 2 of 2.avi" . I tryed with another movie that I´d downloaded, and is the same problem.
    What i can do?
  • dimaj
    • Feb 2002

i am pretty new to this myself, but i would try to fix the .avi file
    there's a program called AviFix, i believe that is fixing broken DivX files

try that, then reply with the results, ok?

good luck

dimaj

P.S. You can get this program from the divx-digest software page

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

I would uninstall divx 5.0. Install divx 3.11 alpha from the divx-digest.com software section.

If your file is incomplete try using Virtualdub (see if it plays) or divfix.

Comment

• tatubolita
        • Apr 2002

Another one, i´ve downloaded the virtual dub, and tried to join the two parts of the movie, but it begin to generate a big big file, and i dont know how to do it.
        Second, how do i convert to a DVD Player playable file?

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

ensure that under both the "video" and "audio" tabs the option "direct stream copy" is selected.

To play this avi file in a dvd player you would need to create a vcd, svcd, or a dvd (if you have a dvd burner). However, not all dvd player are capaable of playing certain dvd formats, vcd, or svcd, check to see if your player i compatible. Search this forum and you'll find the procedure. Also visit, vcd-help.com and divx-digest.com

Comment

Working...