Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duker10
    • Dec 2005

Correcting audio out of sync problem

I have looked at some of the posts here regarding this problem, and am unsure if this is the right place for me to post or not. THe problem I am having is somewhat different than others. I have a D-Link DSM-320 MediaLounge which I am watching video from my PC on my television with. The problem that I am having is that the avi files I am watching were improperly encoded, resulting in an out of sync problem on the MediaLounge. This problem has apparently been rectified in the US with a firmware update, however I live in Canada and they haven't added this firmware upgrade up here yet. Anybody heard of this problem, or know how I can reencode things so that they work properly?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

audio sync can usually be corrected, is it the same amount all the way through, or does the gap between video and audio get worse as the file plays?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• duker10
      • Dec 2005

Audio sync gets worse

the gap seems to get worse as it plays. I followed some advice I found elsewhere in these forums using vdub - actually it was posted by yourself LT Colombo - and when I played my new avi file it was fine on my pc, but through the DLink unit the audio was just white noise. I tried it with no compression, as well as a couple of different types of compression, but the result was always white noise on the DLink.

Comment

Working...