• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • claytm00
    • Apr 2003

Need some product advice - help

Hi, I need some product advice please.

This is what I want to do: -

To be able to receive Digital TV feeds i.e. Freeview on my desktop PC (best choice would be via an USB connection).

To be able to use my old camcorder and play this into my PC to record then convert back to DVD.

Are there any products out there that can give me them both?

Thanks
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Hmmm... I have the Dazzle DVC90 USB capture device... you can do real-time preview without sound, which can easily be fixed by plugging the audio into the LINE IN jack instead of the USB device. It comes with software and has great quality - only about 80 bucks, as well. However, you MUST have Windows XP, at least Service Pack 1, and a USB2.0 port for it to work. Also I reccomend 768 MB of memory in the least - you can do it with 256, but it may drop frames, making the video lag.

Check the DVC90 out, I would reccomend buying from a store that lets you return products after you open them (at no charge), so if it does not work for you, you can return it. Micro Center does this, but there are not many stores. Check here to see if you have a Micro Center near you. Best Buy or Circuit City are good too, but I think they make you pay a restocking fee for open returns.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...