Bin Cue Nero SVCD success make it better?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • directjj
    • Jul 2005

I just managed to burn my first SVCD. It came in the form of a bin and cue file and I was able to burn it using Nero on to a CD-R blank and it even plays in my DVD Player. (For some reason Windws Media Player didn't like it) but Nero Media Player could play it.

Doesn't look to bad on my TV. Course there are no menus or chapters or anything. I know the source was probably originally in DVD format though not a full length feature film, but I assume there were menus of some sort in the original source.

Perhaps whoever did the cue made a very basic cue, or maybe the .cue file for a .bin is not like the .cue file that plays individual audio tracks from an album .ape, .flac, .mp3 album. I don't know.

Do SVCD's off the Internet usually come as bin and cue files?

Does the .cue file normally have more in the way of chapter information? This is a concert video, would be nice to skip to next song.

My only other experience was converting an .avi to DVD format and Using NeroVision I put in my own menu structure.

Can you add a menu structure to an SVCD using NeroVision or some other tool. Are .cue files for Video available on the Internet anywhere, like they are for some audio albums?

Since the only source I have is the .cue and .bin, I assume my SVCD will look just as good as any DVD I try to create from the .bin & .cue (other than there are no menus).

Is it even possible to create a DVD from an SVCD .bin & .cue?

Any advice, tips, software recommendations, conversion apps etc. appreciated.
  • directjj
    • Jul 2005

Replying to myself with another question.

If I want to do anything more with the SVCD Bin Cue and burnt SVCD disc, e.g. add menus if possible to an SVCD, convert it to DVD or improve it in any other way, am I better off to work with the .bin and .cue files to convert to DVD or add menus somehow, or must I / should I, delete them and copy what I burnt to the SVCD back to my hard drive for editing.

On the CD-R SVCD I burnt I have folders as follows:

EXT
    EXTRA
    MPEG2
    SEGMENT
    SVCD

I'm thinking the .bin is no longer of much use. If I want I can always make a duplicate copy of the CD-R SVCD I burnt, but unless I can somehow edit the .cue file or find a better on on the internet or something that would have chapters or menus, should I now be working with the contents of the folders burnt to disc?

Comment

Working...