X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black13
    Welcome to the Jungle
    • Jan 2006

Playback problem question?

I recently made a back-up copy of Wedding Crashers that plays great on my stand alone DVD player, but, skips and freezes on my friends PS2 and lap top? Would any one know what could be causing this to happen. The media is Verbatim DVD+R DL and the burner is a Pioneer dvr-109 fimeware 1.58.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

media incompatibility most likely. those discs are excellent quality. have you looked into the possibility of setting the book type to dvd rom? therefore making the player think it's like a "store bought" standard dvd?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Black13
      Welcome to the Jungle
      • Jan 2006

That's the only option this player has? Should I go with a better company or not?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

one thing is for sure. it seems everyone has problems playing back-ups on the ps2. i wouldn't tailor your procedures for that. do you know the media ID of those discs? and what was used to burn?
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Black13
          Welcome to the Jungle
          • Jan 2006

MKM 001 - I used DVDD to burn the movie.

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

As well as the good advice from LT columbo you might want to check out blutach's signature re:burning dual layer safely.Excellent guide and it works if you follow it.

Comment

Working...