Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayclev
    • Jan 2006

Creating a DVD from video clips

I downloaded some video clips and I would like play them on my DVD player. The clips play with Windows Media Player, but they are not recognized by Nero Suite DVD burning software. Do I just need to convert them?
  • Cambion7
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by jayclev
    I downloaded some video clips and I would like play them on my DVD player. The clips play with Windows Media Player, but they are not recognized by Nero Suite DVD burning software. Do I just need to convert them?

You can use TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 to convert them to DVD files. Then I would recommend burning with ImgBurn. If they exceed the size of a DVD-/+R you may need to shrink them with DVDShrink.

Regards,
    Cambion7
    Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
    - Confidence

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

Hi jayclev,

What kind of video format are your video files? Please open them with VirtualDubMod and check for File Information. If they are .avi files, you need to encode them to DVD compatible .mpg files and author DVD before being able to burn DVD with burning software

Regards

Comment

• Derree
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2005

Cambion's sugestion is really good...I've used it myelf, it is time consuming but it works very good...
        sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
        good
        -------------------------------------------

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

to use tmpgenc dvd author they must be mpeg-1 NTSC (not NTSCfilm or PAL) or mpeg-2. otherwise you must encode like ben said. it even has it's own burn engine.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jayclev
            • Jan 2006

Ok, as far as the type of file, all I can see is that when I right click on properties, under type of file, it says: Windows Media Audio/Video file. So, is that mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 or what???

Comment

• jmet
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2002

What is the file extension of the files? Is it .avi, .wmv, .mov, or other?

Comment

Working...