Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lynx560
    • Jan 2006

Incorrect CD Burn Speed

Im not sure where to post this as I have a CD-RW burner - not a DVD burner. I hope you can help me...

I am running:
    Win98SE
    Pentium3 - 550MHz
    192Mb Ram

My CD-RW drive is a LG CD-RW CED-8120B. The Firmware version is 1.03 & the Buffer Size is 8 MB. On the front of the drive it says "12X 8X 32X". I thought that meant 12X write - 8X rewrite - 32X max read.

Therein lies my problem... I purchased a pack of Memorex 12X 700MB 80min High Speed CD-RW blank disks to burn some data on. I inserted a disk then opened Nero Burning ROM (v6.6.0.1) to burn my data. After selecting the files, I noticed that the burn speed was set at 8X. I clicked the dropdown button to select the 12X speed but all that showed was 8X & 4X.
    I then opened Nero's Info Tool it also said that my write speed was 8X (or 4X).
    I am confused... why would my CD burner say it is 12X but I can only write at 8X. Is there a way to change this?... or is it a Nero problem ???
    Any help would be appreciated !!!
    Lynx560
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

cd-r 12x, cd-rw 8x
    get cd-r's to write at 12x

Comment

• celtic_druid
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Dec 2005

I thought that meant 12X write - 8X rewrite - 32X max read.
      Memorex 12X 700MB 80min High Speed CD-RW
      I don't get it. Your outcome is exactly what you expected.

Comment

• Lynx560
        • Jan 2006

LoL

I think I get it now...

If I used a 12X CD-R it would burn at 12X but since Im using a 12X CD-RW it will only burn at 8X.

I thought it meant that if I was rewriting over or adding to a disk it would burn at 8X.

Thanks for the clarification.
        Lynx560

Comment

Working...