Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Visionz
    • Jan 2006

Analog to Digital

I have 2 sources of video I need to combine DVR (AVI) and analog (VHS). Is there hardware or software for my computer that will convert my VHS video into AVI? I see that there is alot of recommendations for editing software. What would be the easiest for a newbie such as myself to use?
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Ulead Video Studio is great, it captures and edits as well. You would need a video capture card though. Might be easier to go to a store like Wal-Mart and have them convert the VHS to a DVD for like $15, then use free tools to make that into an AVI. If you are likely to do this more than once, get a PCI or USB2/Firewire capture card.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
      Might be easier to go to a store like Wal-Mart and have them convert the VHS to a DVD for like $15, then use free tools to make that into an AVI. If you are likely to do this more than once, get a PCI or USB2/Firewire capture card.

Taking video in to a store is not an option for all people. I have had other users here tell me that too. In Wisconsin there is no place that will do such a thing on the Retail level. Except for ONE camera place they charge $20.00 per hour. Other areas may have placed to do this but if there is no option like this here I am sure there are other areas with the same problem.

Last edited by photo_angel2004; 15 Feb 2006, 04:26 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Visionz
        • Jan 2006

Thanks DRF....you guys hit the nail on the head! I can't take my video out and have it done. I need to configure a new computer soley for video editing. I will be doing alot of capturing and editing, can you recommend a good PCI/firewire card? Is Ulead pretty user freindly?

Comment

Working...