Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Visionz
    • Jan 2006

Hardware Suggestions

I can use some help or suggestions for an Analog to Digital conversion issue. I need to convert VHS video to Digital video. Reading posts on this forum suggest a PCI capture card and other types of hardware. I found the device below on Newegg, is anyone familiar with this? Is Adobe Premiere user friendly so that a beginner could use it?

ADS Tech API-555 PYRO AV LINK With Adobe Premiere Elements
  • Gary D
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Follow this link here and ask your questions:

Talk about all other file container formats and video codecs in this forum, including Ogg, RMVB, MOV, ASF, WMV ...
    Gary D

Comment

• lemonyx
      • Feb 2006

Hi there

I use the WinTV 250 card made by Happauge, just takes a PCI slot on the mb. I use the RCA inputs and the "S" video connector hooked up to the VHS player. For software, VideoReDo and then Movie Factory to burn. Very simple to use - that's why I use them.

Besides, the VHS I can backup TV programs as well and just burn to VCD. I'll have to figure out one of these days how to cram 2-3 TV programs onto one DVD.

hth
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Abit IP35 Pro mb, Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 2.4ghz OC'd 3.6ghz, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, 4 x 1gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400, Gigabyte 8800 GT OC'd PCi-e 2.0, 2x WD 74gb Raptors, 4x WD Se16 500gb HD's, CoolerMaster Stacker Case, Antec Earthwatts 500w, lots of Delta fans

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by Visionz
        Is Adobe Premiere user friendly so that a beginner could use it?

ADS Tech API-555 PYRO AV LINK With Adobe Premiere Elements

Adobe premier is powerfull software how ever not a beginner program.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Zero G
          Next to Arch Stanton
          • Jan 2006

I still think a stand alone DVD recorder is a very simple solution.
          "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

If you do not want to instal a PCI capture card there are other devises that run off a usb port that you can then connect to a VCR or a camcorder. I have the Dazzle digital video creator and I love it. It also comes with some basic beginner friendly software to use. You will need more then this but this will at leaste get you started.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Furiousg
              If you have any poo....throw it now
              • Dec 2005

I use the Dazzle Video creator also. It has worked flawlessly everytime I have tried it. You can capture from any analog source through a composite or S Video connection ( my model at least ) And as Photo Angel said, the software is very user friendly for a beginner. The only trouble I had starting out was the enormous size of the captured data until I figured out what I was doing. I would recommend trying it out, especially for the cost as they are quite cheap.
              -FuriousG-

Comment

Working...