X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fl_Gulfer
    What's This Button 4
    • Mar 2006

Need a Little Info

I ordered a Camcorder yesterday and I wanted to order a extra battery. I noticed they have different sizes like 800 is regular size and 1200 is a fat battery, does that mean it will last longer? I can't seam to get any help trying to find out what to order and a knew nothing about camcorders but I ordered one anyway.
    Or maybe you guys could help me find a Forum that will help people with this kind of stuff. Thanks for letting me intrude.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

1200 will most likely be the longer lastin gone. What does the 1200 mean? 1200 what?
    Ok better question
    how much $$ is the 800 and how much $$$ is the 1200 the longer lasting battery will cost more.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Fl_Gulfer
      What's This Button 4
      • Mar 2006

Sorry I should have been more discryptive. 800mAh and 1200mAh is what it says after the numbers. I hope the last longer they cost more.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

1200 would last long by how much I do not know for sure.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• ed klein
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

In electronics terms

The battery is capable to draw a current of 800 mili-amps of current for 1 hour then go dead.

The other battery is capable to draw a curent of 1200 mili-amps of current for 1 hour then go dead.

Get the current draw rating of a maximum of 1200 mili-amps per hour battery it will last longer.

Comment

• a2j3
            If it aint broke, don't fix it
            • Feb 2006

Fl_Gulfer

what brand name of camcorder did u order?
            sigpic

Comment

• Fl_Gulfer
              What's This Button 4
              • Mar 2006

I got a Canon Elura 80. hope its ok for shooting around the beach and concerts from the front row.

Comment

• vw56german
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Jun 2005

The power curve is not necessarily linear, but the 1200mAh battery should last about 50% longer. Longer battery time is a good thing as long as the weight is not an issue. Its amazing how even an item that does not weigh much, becomes like a big lead ball when you hold it long enough.

Comment

• steveareno1955
                  • Jun 2005

I have a sony digital and the 800mah that came with the camera only lasts about 120 minutes with the lcd screen on maybe 200 with out using the lcd screen. With the 1200 I get 450 min using it with the lcd on and about 650 minutes using the veiwfinder. The batterys are small so I can't tell the difference in weight when using the either one. I would definately advise in getting the bigger one, because it sounds like you will be in places you can't plug it in to recharge. I'm glad I did.
                  A F@H Protein Folder
                  Find out how you can be a folder to. Read this thread ASAP!!!
                  http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=69457

Comment

• Fl_Gulfer
                    What's This Button 4
                    • Mar 2006

Ok thanks guys, I ordered the 1200 and a charger for 30 bucks. Great deal

Comment

Working...