Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmybyde
    • Feb 2006

Please Help

Hi there, new to this and did look through posts but may have missed similar question.

I have been analysing and backing up dvds using dvd shrink and encountered no problems. However, lately I keep getting an error saying failed to read D:/ and then it says cyclic redundancy error. It is showing this error with movies I have successfully backed up in the past but have perhaps deleted from my hard drive.

I don't understand this as I have over 40GB of free space available on my hard drive so it's not even like that could be a problem.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out with this.

Jimmy
  • geno888
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Hi and welcome to the forum

Have you checked if your discs are scratched?

Try to clean them to remove dust.

Comment

• jimmybyde
      • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by geno888
      Hi and welcome to the forum

Have you checked if your discs are scratched?

Try to clean them to remove dust.
      Hi there, thank you very much and thank you for the very quick reply. Yes, unfortunately I have checked the condition of the discs and tried cleaning them but they are fine. A couple of them are pretty new and I take good care of my discs too so doesn't seem to be this causing the problem.

It's very strange as I backed up one of them on my hard drive this morning and made a copy and when I was cleaning out the old files I accidently deleted this one. When I tried to back it up again this evening this is when I started getting this strange message. I have never seen this in the year or so I have been using DVD Shrink. I tried a couple of other DVD's this evening and same thing. Really confused by this.

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

Read the top one first & then the second one.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=44907.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...625#post222625.

Comment

• geno888
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Dec 2005

You're welcome

Do discs plays fine on a standalone? I mean is this problem only with your computer drive?

Comment

• jimmybyde
            • Feb 2006

Yes discs play fine on DVD players, just seems to be a problem when trying to back up to hard drive. However I am very grateful for the info from yourself and soup, top people!

Going to give these suggestions a try and hopefully, fingers crossed one of the suggestions will rectify the problem.

Cheers again guys, Jimmy

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Hope it works out for you but let us know good or bad.

Comment

Working...