Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dadun
    • Apr 2006

Cant Skip Forward in RealPlayer files w/ MPC

Hi all. I am having a problem when playing real player videos. If I let the file play through start to finish its plays no problem, but if I try to skip forward, the image disappears, no sound, yet the time keeps ticking along as if the file is playing. It only happens with Real Player Videos.

I am using Media Player Classic with the K-lite Mega Codec Pack on Window98

Any clues on how to fix this very annoying problem?
  • Dadun
    • Apr 2006

oh yeah, I dont know if Im in the right place(forumwise) or not, but any help would be appreciated. thanks

Comment

• vw56german
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jun 2005

Well just a general observation. I have read posts here in the past about how some codec packs can cause conflicts between programs. It seems the gerneral consensus was to use the minimum number of codecs to get the job done and avoid using the packs.

Keep us posted and welcome to the forums.

Comment

• Dadun
        • Apr 2006

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

So, you're saying I should uninstall the K-lite Mega codec pack and reinstall only real alternative?

Whichleads me to another question. With MPC and the k-lite mega codec I am now able to play downloaded Google Vids(w/out the google player), which is good.

SO..

After uninstalling the mega codec pack and reinstalling only real alternative, which codec should I install to be able to still play the google vids? They have the .avi extenstion..

Comment

• celtic_druid
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

avi is just a container. MPC has a built in avi splitter (windows comes with one anyway). You would need to know what codec(s) the files use.

Comment

• Dadun
            • Apr 2006

Hi all. Bit of an update.

I uninstalled the Klite Mega codec pack as vw56german said

I now have MPC with just ffdshow and I can play the downloaded Google vids, so thats no problem.

celtic_druid , I ran the google vids in gspot and it said they were xvid or was it divx? shhieet I dont remember but either way they are working fine with just MPC and ffdshow.

BUT My original problem remains - I cant skip forward when playing .rm files. I am trying to play them in Real Player, but no luck.

I will try the Real Alternative codec in MPC next.

Maybe its because Im running windows98? or is it just this particular file? I'll keep trying..

Comment

Working...