Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niel4more
    • Apr 2002

tmpgenc error...help

while converting avi to vcd i get an error..."illegal decimal point calculation order " and it shuts down...anyone know what this is??

Also can i just forget about TMPG and get nero and convert during the vcd burning process??

thx Niel
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"can i just forget about TMPG and get nero and convert during the vcd burning process??"

If you have the more recent version (5.5xx) of NERO, you could try that but, I can almost guarantee that, based on the TMPGEnc error you've seen, it won't be successful.

To possibly help determine the cause of your problem, do the following:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• niel4more
      • Apr 2002

results per ur request

frm sz- 640x272, 23.967 fps (41708us)
      #- 69020 (47:58)
      decomp Divx MPEG-4 low motion
      3key frm 491
      toal kfsz 857/11471/48414 (5501k)
      total delta fsz 87/4606/53788 (308250k)

Audio

rate 44100Hz
      channels 2 stereo
      spl precision 0-bit
      comp fraunhofer lls MPEG layer-3 codec
      preload 8000 samples (0.18s)
      #frame 69010
      totlfs 8/667/8000 (44980)

Also, i have others i want to convert so assuming no probs with them what do u think of the nero option.....conversion>>>burning??

thx 4 help Niel

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

There is nothing indicative of a problem in the file information (although the resolution of 640x272 is a bit unusual).

1) Which version of TMPGEnc are you using?

2) Are you using a TMPGEnc template/wizard to create the VCD - or are you using manual settings?

I would speculate that the file contains some problematic video frames. If this is the case, you could try using DivFix to repair the file. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, load the file into VirtualDub (set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying") and play it. If you can see where the problem frames are, you can simply delete them and resave the file with a new filename...
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Also can i just forget about TMPG and get nero and convert during the vcd burning process??"

Try one and find out...

Comment

• niel4more
          • Apr 2002

tmpgn...2.53....didn't use the wizzard

Comment

• niel4more
            • Apr 2002

tmpgn...2.53....didn't use the wizzard

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Good - it's nice to meet someone who wants to understand and use the software ;>}

If after checking for bad frames either none are noted or you've removed them, try the following to create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
              2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
              3) Click on "Setting" radio button
              4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
              5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
              6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
              7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - for highest quality set "Motion Search Precision" to "Highest Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
              8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
              9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
              10) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 60 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file)

Comment

• niel4more
                • Apr 2002

my obit...sunday is a new day

thx i will try this sunday...i have been here most of the day ...my wife is ready to kill me.....if i don't stop now u will read my obit in sundays paper!!...lol

Comment

Working...