Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thira
    • Apr 2006

Camcorder conversion to VHS

Hi all and appreciate the help on this wonderful forum.
    I am new to this and would like to convert old video's from 1990 to DVD's. The video is stored on TC-20 compact video cassette (VHS C) extra high grade. The camera itself has an output which looks like a S-video, but I am unable to connect to it with any S-video cables I have. There are no slots to accept the plastic "ridges" on the cable.
    Instead the compact video cassetes drop into a VAC 615 cassette adapter which then can play in a VCR.
    I have the VCR connected to a Plextor ConvertX PX-AV100U which in turn is connected to my computer via USB 2.0.
    My computer has a Plextor PX-760A DVD dual layer burner.
    The PX-760A came with WinDVD, which looks as an all-in-one program for capturing video, editing, and burning to DVD.
    As these videos are family heirlooms, I would like to transfer the video to DVD using the highest quality. Is WinDVD adequate for this? Am I better off (quality wise) to use other software(s) or combination of softwares such as VirtualDub to capture , postprocess, author and burn?
    I have followed tutorials on this site for backing up my DVDs, and have had great success.
    Can anyone recommend a tutorial for this purpose?
    Thank you so much.
Working...